Employee scholarships benefit our outstanding employees.
Making education a priority.
The Sophie Miller Foundation is proud to provide scholarships for ECS employees who wish to further their education. By supporting these educational pursuits, we not only appreciate and honor our employees as individuals, we enrich the culture of our workplace and improve service to residents.
ECS is committed to helping the extraordinary people who fulfill our mission and care for our residents every day. The Employee Education Fund offers financial aid to employees who attend college, take advanced certification classes or simply want to learn.
Donations have helped ECS grant more than $100,000 in scholarships, used for the Go to College Program, Tuition Reimbursement, Tuition Assistance and Education Loan Repayment.
ECS supporters who believe in the power of education have endowed these scholarship funds:
- The Dorothea and Edwin Barnes Scholarship
- The Harold Cook Memorial Scholarship
- The Diana and Jim Doyle Scholarship
- The Nancy and Richard Flores Scholarship
- The Chuck and Mimi Hanzel, Ph.D., Scholarship
- The Ellen Hocking-Keeler Scholarship
- The MonteCedro Anonymous Scholarship
- The Louise O’Flaherty Scholarship
- The Herman Osten Memorial Scholarship
- The Sherman and Marge Telleen Scholarship
Staff from all departments, including dining services, maintenance and nursing have received scholarships for additional education.
We thank all the donors who have shared their resources to help us create a greater community of caring and commitment.